How to Adjust the Amount of Notifications from the Vic Emergency App
On Wednesday I must have received at least ten notifications regarding storms from the Vic Emergency app. Checking the rain radar there appeared to be no thunderstorms anywhere near the 20km watch zone radius of Yea. It is not a great app. It only scores 3.1 out of 5 on Google play. Unfortunately there are no other options that I am aware of. I decided to take a closer look and this is how I solved the problem for me.
1. Click ‘Settings’ on your watch zone.
2. This screen will appear.
3. Scroll down until you come to the ‘Incidents’ section, then click the down arrow beside the weather section.
4. The ‘Weather’ section is a good place to go if you want to reduce notifications. The most common warnings that cause multiple notifications are ‘Damaging Winds’ and ‘Storms’. I get plenty of warning of these events in the daily weather forecast.
5. Personally, I have turned off all weather warnings. It’s up to you what you want on or off. Check the other sections as well if you want to add or remove items. Of course all “Fire’ items should be on.
6. When you are satisfied with your settings click ‘Save’. Remember you can adjust these settings at any time.