Murrindindi Fire Amnesty Dates
The CFA’s Fire Danger Period ceased at midnight on Monday 16 March.
From midnight on Monday 16 March to midnight on Monday 4 May 2020, Murrindindi Shire residents can ‘burn-off’ any dry vegetation material on their properties without a Council permit.
The following conditions apply:
- You must register the burn-off with the burn-off line, by calling1800 668 511.
- If burning off within a residential area, fires must not be any larger than one metre in diameter and one metre in height. Material may be continuously fed into a fire of this size but must not exceed 1 meter wide or high.
- Must not include damp or green vegetation.
- Smoke must not cause a nuisance – try to ensure that smoke from your fire does not impact your neighbours.
- The area within a distance of 3 metres from the outer perimeters of the fire and the uppermost point of the fire is clear of flammable material.
- Must have adequate means available at all times to prevent the escape of and for extinguishing the fire.
- An adult must be in attendance at all times while the fire is alight.
- Must be extinguished if directed to do so by an authorised officer.
And, don’t forget, Murrindindi Shire residents can also drop off their green waste at any Council Resource Recovery Centre for free all year round.
For more info about the burn-off amnesty you can contact Council on 5772 0333.